Xorte logo

News Markets Groups

USA | Europe | Asia | World| Stocks | Commodities



Add a new RSS channel

 
 


Keywords

2024-11-06 23:50:53| Engadget

Roblox is implementing new safety policies intended to better protect the platform's young users. We learned last month that changes were in the works for the game, and a post on the Roblox developer forum today detailed more about those rules. The big takeaway is that a greater section of Roblox content will not be available to players under age 13. The first part of the new Roblox policy is that starting December 3, users younger than 13 will not be able to play, search or discover any unrated experiences on the platform. However, they can still view information on the experience detail page via a direct link. Roblox is thus requiring creators to confirm that the information on their experience detail pages such as the thumbnail, title and description meets the company's criteria for either all ages or for ages 9 and up. The second part of the policy will restrict access to Roblox's Social Hangouts and Free-form User Creation experiences to users who are over 13. This rule will take effect on November 13. Roblox has a rocky history when it comes to safety for youth and preteen users. Since 2018, at least two dozen people have been arrested by US policy on accusations of abducting or abusing child victims met through Roblox.This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/gaming/roblox-details-two-new-safety-policies-for-protecting-children-225053423.html?src=rss


Category: Marketing and Advertising

 

Latest from this category

21.02The Stop Killing Games campaign will set up NGOs in the EU and US
21.02The US will send Tech Corps members to foreign countries in its latest push for AI dominance
21.02A judge ruled Tesla still has to pay $243 million for a fatal crash involving Autopilot
21.02How to know if an AirTag is tracking you
21.02Engadget review recap: Sony WF-1000XM6, ASUS Zenbook Duo and more
21.02An old-school Zelda-like, Skate Bums and other new indie games worth checking out
20.02Xbox head Phil Spencer is leaving Microsoft
20.02Tunic publisher claims TikTok ran 'racist, sexist' AI ads for one of its games without its knowledge
Marketing and Advertising »

All news

21.02JPMorgan concedes it closed Trumps accounts after Jan. 6 attack
21.02The Stop Killing Games campaign will set up NGOs in the EU and US
21.02Global leaders and businesses pore over fallout of more US tariff swoons
21.02The US will send Tech Corps members to foreign countries in its latest push for AI dominance
21.02Supreme Court ruling offers little relief for Republicans divided on President Donald Trumps tariffs
21.02A judge ruled Tesla still has to pay $243 million for a fatal crash involving Autopilot
21.02Trump says he will increase global tariffs to 15%
21.02President Trump says hes imposing a 15% global tariff, up from the 10% he announced after the Supreme Court decision
More »
Privacy policy . Copyright . Contact form .