Xorte logo

News Markets Groups

USA | Europe | Asia | World| Stocks | Commodities



Add a new RSS channel

 
 


Keywords

2026-02-21 21:34:01| Engadget

The Stop Killing Games campaign is evolving into more than just a movement. In a YouTube video, the campaign's creator, Ross Scott, explained that organizers are planning to establish two non-governmental organizations, one for the European Union and another for the US. According to Scott, these NGOs would allow for "long-term counter lobbying" when publishers end support for certain video games. "Let me start off by saying I think we're going to win this, namely the problem of publishers destroying video games that you've already paid for," Scott said in the video. According to Scott, the NGOs will work on getting the original Stop Killing Games petition codified into EU law, while also pursuing more watchdog actions, like setting up a system to report publishers for revoking access to purchased video games. The Stop Killing Games campaign started as a reaction to Ubisoft's delisting of The Crew from players' libraries. The controversial decision stirred up concerns about how publishers have the ultimate say on delisting video games. After crossing a million signatures last year, the movement's leadership has been busy exploring the next steps. According to Scott, the campaign leadership will meet with the European Commission soon, but is also working on a 500-page legal paper that reveals some of the industry's current controversial practices. In the meantime, the ongoing efforts have led to a change of heart from Ubisoft since the publisher updated The Crew 2 with an offline mode.  This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/gaming/the-stop-killing-games-campaign-will-set-up-ngos-in-the-eu-and-us-203359604.html?src=rss


Category: Marketing and Advertising

 

LATEST NEWS

2026-02-21 20:19:16| Engadget

The government agency that sends its corps members abroad to volunteer in foreign countries launched its latest initiative called Tech Corps. The Peace Corps' latest proposal will recruit STEM graduates or those with professional experience in the artificial intelligence sector and send them to participating host countries. According to the press release, volunteers will be placed in Peace Corps countries that are part of the American AI Exports Program, which was created last year from an executive order from President Trump as a way to bolster the US' grip on the AI market abroad. Tech Corps members will be tasked with using AI to resolve issues related to agriculture, education, health and economic development. The program will offer its members 12- to 27-month in-person assignments or virtual placements, which will include housing, healthcare, a living stipend and a volunteer service award if the corps member is placed overseas. Richard E. Swarttz, the acting director of the Peace Corps, said in a press release that Tech Corps volunteers will be "building technical capacity, supporting AI adoption across critical use cases and addressing barriers to last-mile AI implementation." While the Tech Corps program is framed at benefiting host countries, it would also help to secure the US' position in the rapidly expanding global AI market that includes growing competition from China.This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/ai/the-us-will-send-tech-corps-members-to-foreign-countries-in-its-latest-push-for-ai-dominance-191916940.html?src=rss


Category: Marketing and Advertising

 

2026-02-21 18:45:50| Engadget

Tesla is still on the hook for $243 million after a US judge rejected the EV maker's bid to overturn a jury verdict from last year. On Friday, US District Judge Beth Bloom upheld the jury's decision to hold Tesla partially responsible for a deadly crash that happened in 2019 and involved the self-driving Autopilot feature. The judge added that there was enough evidence to support the jury's verdict, which was delivered in August 2025 and ordered Tesla to pay millions in compensatory and punitive damages to the two victims in the case. Judge Bloom added that Tesla didn't present any new arguments to dispute the decision.  While the case has been moving along recently, the incident dates back to several years ago when the driver of a Model S, George McGee, was using Tesla's Autopilot feature while bending down to retrieve a dropped phone. The Model S then crashed into an SUV that was parked on a shoulder, where Naibel Benavides Leon and Dillon Angulo were standing aside. Benavides was killed in the crash, while Angulo was severely injured. Tesla hasn't publicly commented on Judge Bloom's decision yet, but it won't be a surprise to see the company appeal the latest ruling with a higher court. Tesla's lawyers previously tried to pin the blame on the driver, claiming that the Model S and Autopilot weren't defective. As this major case plays out, Tesla is also facing several investigations from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for both its Autopilot and Full-Self Driving features.This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/transportation/evs/a-judge-ruled-tesla-still-has-to-pay-243-million-for-a-fatal-crash-involving-autopilot-174548093.html?src=rss


Category: Marketing and Advertising

 

Latest from this category

21.02The Stop Killing Games campaign will set up NGOs in the EU and US
21.02The US will send Tech Corps members to foreign countries in its latest push for AI dominance
21.02A judge ruled Tesla still has to pay $243 million for a fatal crash involving Autopilot
21.02How to know if an AirTag is tracking you
21.02Engadget review recap: Sony WF-1000XM6, ASUS Zenbook Duo and more
21.02An old-school Zelda-like, Skate Bums and other new indie games worth checking out
20.02Xbox head Phil Spencer is leaving Microsoft
20.02Tunic publisher claims TikTok ran 'racist, sexist' AI ads for one of its games without its knowledge
Marketing and Advertising »

All news

21.02The Stop Killing Games campaign will set up NGOs in the EU and US
21.02Global leaders and businesses pore over fallout of more US tariff swoons
21.02The US will send Tech Corps members to foreign countries in its latest push for AI dominance
21.02Supreme Court ruling offers little relief for Republicans divided on President Donald Trumps tariffs
21.02A judge ruled Tesla still has to pay $243 million for a fatal crash involving Autopilot
21.02Trump says he will increase global tariffs to 15%
21.02President Trump says hes imposing a 15% global tariff, up from the 10% he announced after the Supreme Court decision
21.02MPs to discuss inquiry into trade envoy role after Andrew arrest
More »
Privacy policy . Copyright . Contact form .