Xorte logo

News Markets Groups

USA | Europe | Asia | World| Stocks | Commodities



Add a new RSS channel

 
 


Keywords

2024-09-19 23:55:16| Engadget

The ripples from Concords seismic implosion are still fanning out since Sony decided to take the game offline earlier this month. Now, the games director has reportedly decided to bow out gracefully. Kotaku reported that game director Ryan Ellis of Firewalk Studios told staff members that hes stepping down from his position. Ellis, who cofounded Firewalk after a stint as the creative director of Destiny 2, will remain with the studio but only in a support role. Meanwhile, the staff at Firewalk are still waiting to hear what Sony plans to do with their underperforming game. Just two weeks after Concords release, Sony pulled the team shooter offline on September 6 and issued refunds to everyone who bought the game for the PlayStation 5 or PC from Steam and the Epic Games Store. Sony said in a statement that it pulled the game in order to explore options, including those that will better reach our players. Naturally, Kotaku reports that a lot of Firewalks staffers are worried about the status of their jobs in the wake of Concords disappointing release. The extremely poor sales of Concord make it one of the biggest bombs in industry history. Analysts estimate that it only sold 25,000 copies on Steam and for PS5 in its first six days.This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/gaming/playstation/concords-disastrous-launch-reportedly-leads-to-its-directors-self-demotion-215515013.html?src=rss


Category: Marketing and Advertising

 

Latest from this category

21.02An old-school Zelda-like, Skate Bums and other new indie games worth checking out
20.02Xbox head Phil Spencer is leaving Microsoft
20.02Tunic publisher claims TikTok ran 'racist, sexist' AI ads for one of its games without its knowledge
20.02OpenAI will reportedly release an AI-powered smart speaker in 2027
20.0213-hour AWS outage reportedly caused by Amazon's own AI tools
20.02NASA targets March 6 for Artemis 2 launch to take astronauts around the Moon
20.02Ubisoft lays off 40 staff working on Splinter Cell remake, says game remains in development
20.02AI Update, February 20, 2026: AI News and Views From the Past Week
Marketing and Advertising »

All news

21.02The secret to all those death-defying Olympic jumps is a giant plastic airbag
21.02An old-school Zelda-like, Skate Bums and other new indie games worth checking out
21.02Burger King wants you to call its president to complain. No, really
21.02How to prepare for a market crash
21.02Rare-breed horse centre cuts back amid cost woes
21.02US new home sales fall in December; inventory declines
21.02Why using facial recognition on your phone could leave you vulnerable
21.02Quality Care India plans to invest Rs 600 crore to set up healthcare facility in Nagpur
More »
Privacy policy . Copyright . Contact form .